Through market research, public-opinion surveys, and social surveys (referred to collectively as “marketing research” hereinafter), Minedia, Inc. provides information to businesses, organizations, and other clients concerning consumer awareness and behavior.
In doing so, we recognize the protection of users’ privacy in order to protect personal information concerning the consumers that are our sources of information to be one of our responsibilities to society. Our thinking concerning privacy is outlined below. We handle all information concerning users faithfully in accordance with this policy.
Personal information refers to information pertaining to living individuals that can be used to identify specific individuals by including names, dates of birth, and other descriptions or numbers assigned to specific individuals, contained in such information (meaning all matters stated or recorded in documents, drawings, or electromagnetic records (meaning records made by electromagnetic means, magnetic means, or other methods that cannot be recognized by human perception) or expressed by voice, operation, or other means.) or personal identification codes (including information that, while it cannot be used alone to identify a specific individual, could easily be checked against other information to identify a specific individual).
In collecting personal information, we provide users with clear information on the purposes of use of such information and collect the information only after obtaining the user’s consent. We also manage such information to ensure that it is accurate and up-to-date, handle such information appropriately within the scope of its purposes of use, and take measures to ensure that it is not used for purposes other than its intended purposes of use. Users are requested to ensure that they understand these purposes of use when they provide us with personal information. Provision of personal information to Minedia, Inc. is voluntary. However, users who do not provide the personal information requested may not be able to use some or all of the services we provide.
We also may use cookie technology to obtain users’ device information and records of behavior (e.g., URLs accessed, times of access, and the order in which pages were viewed) for purposes of researching users’ history of viewing the site and the conditions of their use of the site. However, except when providing it to third parties in accordance with the provisions under “Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties” below, we will not release such information in a form in which individual users can be identified without first obtaining the consent of the users concerned. Cookies themselves do not contain any personal information or other information related to users’ privacy.
While a user may disable cookies by changing the settings of his or her web browser, doing so may make it impossible to use some services.
Minedia, Inc. may permit third-party companies to which we subcontract tasks such as analysis of the websites we operate to obtain information on users’ cookies. Use of cookie information by these third-party companies is conducted in accordance with the third-party companies’ own privacy policies. We also may provide to third-party companies information that cannot be used to identify specific individuals among survey subjects, such as attribute information on survey subjects (e.g., age, gender, occupation, area of residence, member ID) or the content of answers to survey questions, in accordance with the provisions under “Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties” below.
- Facebook, Inc.
- Google, inc. （Google Analytics)
- Google Analytics
- Yahoo Japan Corporation
- LINE Corporation
Note that in some cases websites operated by third-party companies viewed by survey subjects during the process of implementing a survey may transmit cookies. In such cases, those third-party companies obtain information in the cookies and manage it in accordance with their own privacy policies.
When providing mobile apps or mobile websites to survey subjects, for purposes of surveying the state of viewing of advertisements by such subjects we may obtain Android Advertising IDs (if the app or website was used on an Android device) or identifiers for advertisers (IDFAs) (if the app or website was used on an iOS device) and use them for purposes of making the services we provide to users more useful or marketing research. However, except when providing it to third parties in accordance with the provisions under “Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties” below, we will not release such information in a form in which individual users can be identified without first obtaining the consent of the users concerned.
Users who wish to suspend the provision of advertising identifiers are asked to opt out from use of advertising identifiers as described on the following sites. However, setting a mobile device to opt out from such provision may result in limitations to the services that can be used in the app or in the inability to use some of the features of such services.
- iOS device identifier for advertisers (IDFA) settings
Apple Support Center : https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202074
- Android device Google Advertising ID settings
Advertising ID – Google Play Help : https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/3405269
Some of the websites operated by Minedia, Inc. may use behavioral targeting services provided by third-party companies to display behavioral-targeted advertising. In order to display on the websites we operated or on partner sites from third-party companies advertising better suited to members’ needs, the third-party companies’ behavioral targeting services may collect, accumulate, and use behavioral records linked to cookies on the websites we operate. Behavioral records collected and accumulated by third-party companies on the websites we operate may include all or some of the following information :
- Text strings saved in cookies
- URLs of pages viewed and the dates and times they were viewed
- Information on the computers or other devices, and web browsers, used when viewing the websites
- IP addresses
- Referrer information (information on the webpage that was the origin of a link used to access a webpage)
- Google, inc.(Double Click)
Cookies : https://support.google.com/adsense/answer/2839090
Opting out : https://www.google.com/settings/u/0/ads
- Facebook, Inc.
Data Policy : https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/
About Facebook Ads : https://www.facebook.com/help/769828729705201/
See: "How Ads Work on Facebook" > "How does Facebook decide which ads to show me and how can I control the ads I see?"
Acquisition of Google user data, etc.
Minedia, Inc. obtain and store e-mails sent and received in the e-mail account for the purpose set forth in this Personal Information Protection Policy when Minedia, Inc. are granted access to e-mail accounts from users (including, but not limited to, Gmail and Yahoo mail).
- 1) The main business of Minedia, Inc. is marketing research. This refers to surveying consumers regarding their awareness and use of products and services and providing information collected through such surveys to businesses and other organizations.
- 2) We may collect names, addresses, and other information in advance in order to identify the subjects of surveys. Methods of doing so include registration conducted by survey subjects themselves on the websites we operate and provision by clients for marketing research services. We use information obtained from various sources in appropriate and lawful manners.
- 3) We use personal information on survey subjects collected in the process of implementing marketing research for the purposes of use described below. Prior to handling personal information beyond the scope of these purposes of use, we will notify survey subjects and obtain their consent in advance through means such as explicit description of such handing in the policies carried on the websites we operate or other documents or notification to email addresses or telephone numbers registered with us by users.
- (i) For selection of survey subjects, requesting their participation in surveys, sending questionnaires, checking the results of surveys, analysis, provision to clients, and other purposes necessary for implementing marketing research
- (ii) For use in visits and other handling by survey staff for interviews and surveys conducted by visiting subjects in person
- (iii) For awarding and exchanging of points with survey subjects, payment of honoraria, and sending awards, survey samples, and other materials
- (iv) For responding to questions or other contact from survey subjects and communications for purposes of providing support and checking the content of registered information
- (v) For confirmation of identity, display of registered information and other content, and various other procedures related to the member pages of survey subjects
- (vi) For implementation of promotional campaigns or prize competitions related to operation of marketing research, sending email newsletters. etc.
- (vii) Disclosure or provision to our clients, partners and other third parties
- (viii) For other purposes attendant or related to those enumerated above
- 4) We may collect personal information such as the names and addresses of survey subjects when implementing marketing research that does not involve identification of survey subjects. When doing so, we will notify the subjects anew of the purposes of use of such information in writing or orally.
Purpose of using Google user data
Minedia, Inc. will use e-mails to be obtained and saved when Minedia, Inc. are granted access to e-mail accounts from users (including, but not limited to, Gmail and Yahoo mail) for the following purposes.
- ① Surveys of users' purchasing information, applications and other web services usage
- ② Analysis, statistical surveys, and compilation and processing of user purchasing information
- ③ Disclosure or provision of purchasing information to our clients, partners, etc. and other third parties after statistical processing of user purchasing information, etc.
- ④ Review of the contents and implementation methods of our marketing research and other services
- ⑤ Other items incidental or related to the above
Sales activities and other transactions
Personal information we obtain from transaction counterparties, through means such as inquiries received from clients, related companies, or other counterparties concerning our services or other matters, participation in seminars, promotional campaigns, or other events organized or cosponsored by us, and exchange of business cards, is used for the purposes described below.
- (i) For use in transaction-related negotiations, communications, consultation, consideration, placement and receipt of orders, settlement, and other responses
- (ii) For provision and receipt of services etc. based on transactions
- (iii) For provision, collection, and conveyance of information related to our services and other topics
Personal information on job seekers applying or making inquiries to Minedia, Inc. is used for the following purposes. When we hire a job seeker, his or her personal information is retained for use for employment management purposes.
- (i) Provision of hiring information to job seekers
- (ii) Consideration and making of hiring decisions and notification and communication thereof
- (iii) Checking records of job applications
Items of personal information subject to release that we handle, and their purposes of use, are described below. We handle any information that meets the above definitions as personal information subject to release.
Items of personal information subject to release
- Information on survey subjects
Name, address, age, date of birth, email address, and other information registered by survey subjects themselves through the websites or other services we operate, and other information collected by us in the process of implementing marketing research
- Information on transaction counterparties
Name, telephone number (including mobile-phone and fax numbers), email address, company or organization name, section name and position, address of place of employment, other contact information, and other information provided to us by transaction counterparties
- Information on job seekers
Name, telephone number (including mobile-phone and fax numbers), address, age, date of birth, email address, and other information included in resumes or provided to us by the job seeker through websites or other services we operate
- Employee information
Name, phone number (including mobile phone / fax), address, age, date of birth, e-mail address, my number, bank account, and other information provided to us depending on salary and social insurance payments
Purposes of use of personal information subject to release
We will respond without delay to any request from the individual concerned by the information or his or her agent to provide notification of purposes of use, disclose, correct (i.e., correct the content of or add to or partially delete the information), or suspend use (i.e., suspension of use, complete deletion, and suspension of provision to third parties) regarding personal information subject to release.
- Where to address requests for release etc.
We will respond without delay to any requests for release etc. of information registered to the websites or other services that we operate by consumer testers, made under “Contact Us” on the page for use by individual monitored subjects (“My Page”), accessible on our website by entering the email address and login password set when registering as a consumer tester.
- Fees for requesting notification of purposes of use and disclosure
A fee of 300 yen (tax included) shall be charged for each request from an individual concerned by personal information or his or her agent for notification of purposes of use or disclosure of such information. The fee shall be payable through transfer of funds to our designated bank account.
- Method of responding to requests for release etc.
Responses will be sent to the requester’s email address.
- Purposes of use of personal information collected in connection with requests for release etc.
Personal information collected in connection with requests for release etc. shall be handled only within the scope necessary to respond to the request for release etc.
- When we are unable to accept a request for release etc.
Please understand that we are unable to accept a request for release etc. in any of the cases enumerated under (i) – (vii) below. In such a case, we will notify the requesting party that we are unable to accept the request, indicating the reason(s) why.
- (i) When the subject of the request is not personal information subject to release
- (ii) When releasing the information could be detrimental to the life, health or safety, property, or other rights or interests of the individual concerned or a third party
- (iii) When releasing the information could have the effect of furthering or inducing unlawful or improper acts
- (iv) When releasing the information could have the effect of harming national security, harming relations of trust with other countries or international agencies, or having a detrimental effect on negotiations with other countries or international agencies
- (v) When releasing the information could impede the prevention, suppression, or investigation of crime or otherwise impede the maintenance of public safety or order
- (vi) When releasing the information could markedly impede the proper implementation of our business activities
- (vii) When releasing the information would violate laws or regulations
1) We will manage the personal information we have collected appropriately and will not provide information that could be used to identify specific individuals directly (such as names, addresses, telephone numbers, and email addresses) to any third parties without first obtaining the consent of the individuals concerned. However, this does not apply to the following cases:
- (i) When such provision is required by laws or regulations
- (ii) When such provision is necessary to protect human life, health or safety, or property, and it would be difficult to obtain the consent of the individual concerned
- (iii) When such provision is particularly necessary for purposes of improving the public health or promoting the sound raising of children, and it would be difficult to obtain the consent of the individual concerned
- (iv) When such provision is necessary to cooperate in the performance by national government agencies, local government agencies, or parties acting on their behalf of activities stipulated in laws or regulations, and obtaining the consent of the individual concerned could hinder such performance
2) Minedia, Inc. may provide to our clients information such as the IDs assigned to individual survey subjects for purposes of information management (“monitoring IDs” hereinafter), names, attribute information on survey subjects, and the content of answers to survey questions for use in marketing research. 2) Minedia, Inc. may provide our clients, partners, and other third parties with information such as IDs assigned to individual survey subjects for purposes of information management (“monitoring IDs” hereinafter), names, attributes information on survey subjects, and the content of answers to survey questionnaire, photographs, videos under interview, etc. for the purpose of marketing, sales, advertising or other purposes or the implementation of marketing research services or the analysis of the results thereof.
3) Notwithstanding the provisions under Paragraph 1) above, in cases such as when we have been asked by another partner company to cooperate in marketing research we may provide to such partner companies email addresses and other information concerning consumer testers, in encrypted form, to check for duplication of consumer testers between those of such partner company and us. In addition, we may, to the extent necessary in implementing marketing research, we may reply to inquiries from clients regarding whether or not there is any duplication between their monitored subjects, members, customers, etc. and our monitored subjects. In such a case, we may provide to such clients email addresses and other information concerning our consumer testers, in encrypted form. Through contracts with the above partner companies and clients, we will obligate them to use the information on monitored subjects that we provide only within the above purposes of use.
4) We may entrust the handling of personal information to third parties, within the scope of the purposes of use of such information. In such a case, we will conclude contracts with such third parties concerning the protection of personal information and obligate them to implement appropriate security control measures for personal information.
5) In the case of any of the above (2), (3), (4), the company shall provide the above information to other third parties such as the Company's clients and business partners (partner companies) via email or cloud storage service with access restrictions.
We will appoint managers of personal information and establish a management structure to prevent incidents related to personal information, such as unauthorized access, loss or damage of personal information, or its destruction, unauthorized alteration, or leakage, and to enable the best possible responses to any such incidents.
In addition, we will implement various security and other measures for computer systems, including control of entry to and exit from business facilities. In the event of an unforeseen incident, we will comply with internal systems such as emergency contact networks and with incident response procedures, immediately seek to identify the cause, and take appropriate corrective measures.
We will establish a privacy management system to protect personal information.
We will strive to protect users’ personal information through strict compliance with laws and regulations, national guidelines, and various other guidelines concerning the protection of personal information and with this privacy management system.
To enable the best possible protection of personal information at all times in response to social conditions, technological advances, and environmental changes, we will continually review and improve our handling of personal information and our privacy management system.
Recognizing the importance of protecting personal information, we implement safety measures to the utmost extent possible. Please direct any inquiries or complaints concerning our management of personal information to the privacy management section of Minedia, Inc.
1) Contact point for inquiries regarding the handling of personal information by Minedia, Inc.
- Address : Minedia, Inc. 8-5-8 1F, Akasaka, Minato-ku, Tokyo 107-0052, Japan
- Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chief Privacy Officer : Hideto Nagai
- Revised : December, 1, 2019
- Revised : April, 26, 2019
- Revised : October, 16, 2018
- Established : January, 11, 2018
- Minedia, Inc.
- Hiroya Suzuki, Representative Director